Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back in business!

It's been a while, sorry for that. Due to family matters, I didn't feel like being busy with the hobby. Now the storm is over and almost everythings back to normal, there's some time and good mood left for hamradio issue's.


The last couple of weeks I bought myself some new gadgets. First of all I got myself a new cellphone, mainly because my old one (a Samsung Omnia II i800) didn't receive some of my calls. After hearing several time's "I tried to call you, but you weren't there" I went to the local grown-men toyshop and got hold on a Blackberry. After a couple of weeks I allready start to appreciate it, this neat little thing. Main purpose, being in reach, is a succes.

Second part of the gadget fulfillment is an Apple Ipad 2. Wow, what a neat kind of gadget this is! If youre, like me since 1984 a Microsoft user, this is something totally different. Offcourse, you can't compare apples with other kinds of fruit, but this is great. On the side that is. I'm a big fan of using the computer in all aspects of our hobby and I don't see this Ipad as an 'instead of'. First of all, the lack of interfaces is restricting you and it's impossible to connect to a rig (yet).  I wonder if there are amateur allready busy to solve this? I allready got me some ham related apps and when I have some experience with them, I'm sure you're going tot read about it. Same goes for the Blackberry offcourse!

No comments:

Post a Comment