Sunday, May 1, 2011

Building a ZS6BKW

Inspired by the fun of constructing a G5RVjr antenna (see 'Enough for  G5RVjr'), I tried my capablilities in selfmaking an other antenna with good experiences of fellow amateurs, the ZS6BKW antenna. Again, all info was in reach on the Internet, what would we do without it? This antenna is based on the G5RV antenna and designed by Dr. Brian Austin, ZS6BKW.
 
Because my leftovers were implemented in the G5RVjr, I had to order some parts. After receiving the parcel  with the Lizte and open line (called kippenladder - chickenladder in Dutch), a rainy afternoon was the moment to put thing together to something called a antenna.

After constructing the parts, I hooked the antenna up the atticwindow and the other side downwards to the garden shed. A quick stroll on the bands showed reasonable results so this antenna is on the list to take with me on my holiday.

1 comment:

  1. As you know i have build a ZS6BKW as well, and i did a quick test last weekend....
    It looks very promissing sofar. made 1 quick QSO ... Kazachstan 59... And the noise level is SWEET... next to the ijselmeer 0 noise....

    good luck with yours, let me know what your experiences are :)

    ReplyDelete